“Technology is a useful servant, but a dangerous master”-Christian Lous Lange
Sue joins me again as we explore the modern difficulties of communicating through electronic media. What makes it so difficult and how does it create so many mis-communications?
Some of the issues we work through in this discussion:
- What is the “real” purpose of Email?
- How can Email be used more effectively for work?
- What expectations do you have of others?
- What expectations are you setting for yourself?
- When is texting for work acceptable?
- Who can text you and why?
Of course, the conversation takes another level as soon as we talk about using humor and joking in electronic communication. In a word, no, it rarely works.
Finally, we talk through practical steps to improve your communications in email, text and social media. Hopefully these steps can help you be more effective and aware of the inherent issues in electronic communication.
As always, you can also listen and subscribe via iTunes.