Why do Brands Struggle on YouTube?
YouTube is dominated by creators, instructors, and seemingly everyday people. As opposed to major media platforms such as AppleTV, Netflix, Amazon, and others, YouTube has enabled people to create and develop content and find audiences around the world.
How were creators able to grasp and develop this platform, while the brands lagged behind? Even today, only a handful of brands create consistently good content on YouTube and use it effectively in their marketing strategy.
Author, lecturer, industry expert Greg Jarboe joins Matt to talk about the power and influence of YouTube. From the beginnings of curated video to the explosion of content that is uploaded every day, Greg provides the essential ingredients to engage and enchant audiences through video.
In case you didn’t know, YouTube is technically the 2nd largest search engine in the world.
- Over 2 billion monthly logged in users! Why is this important? You can view YouTube content without an account.
- Average of 1 billion hours of content watched a day
- 60-minute average mobile session
- 500 hours of video uploaded every minute
- Over 576,000 videos uploaded every day