5 Things You May Not Know About Me
So I got tagged by Matt McGee, and this thing has spread like wildfire.
Apparently, there is a tagging thing going around where, if you are tagged, you have to tell five things about yourself that people may not know. Matt McGee, we’ll definitely have to meet up at the next SES – I think we only saw each other in the hallways in Chicago.
Well, here we go.
- I live on 30 acres in the middle of Ohio. I like to tell people that it is the last place to get broadband before you hit Amish country. Really, I’m only about 15 minutes from the nearest Amish restaurant and quilt shop. It makes for an easy day trip to be so close. Oh, about the acreage, it’s mostly wooded and a few fields. My favorite tools are my tractor and my chainsaw. Together they can solve almost any problem. However, my wife won’t let me use the chainsaw unsupervised after I took out the power lines and nearly took out her car with the same tree. My kids love the wildlife and the freedom to run around and explore. That makes me very happy to be here, it’s a great place to relax and unwind.
- I learned SEO while building a Web site for my Real Estate business in 1996.
- I have 10 years of service in the Army and the National Guard. I was a Medic for most of the time, which was a lot of fun and I met a lot of great people. The worst injury I worked on was a broken femur on a guy who was fixing a track on an M1 Abrams tank. The cool thing about being a Medic was that you had to do range duty during weapons qualification. When the qualification was done, there were always ammunition left over, so someone had to shoot them . . . I’ve shot a .45, M16, .50 Cal, .60 Cal, grenade launcher, mortars, anti-tank weapons, Howitzer artillery (99 pound rounds with a range of 20 miles), and an M1 Abrams tank (my favorite, which I got to drive as well).
- I used to be on a powerlifting team. My highest bench press was 380, my highest squat was 520, and my highest dead-lift was 550. I won two contests. I feel so old now . . .
- I love reading, and I love books. I want a library. I enjoy reading non-fiction books about history, marketing, philosophy, and rhetoric. I will probably read a book every week, and I love reading to my kids.
And that’s my 5 things. The hardest thing now is to find of 5 bloggers who haven’t been tagged, as this thing grew very fast. I think I’ll tag Gord Hotchkiss, Joel Cheesman at Cheezhead, and then break out of the SEO world to hit Michael at Web Analytics World, Eric Meyer (Thoughts from Eric), and David Armono at Logic+Emotion.